by Tanya Varanelli
We hear from nonprofit organizations all the time about their challenges in recruiting strong candidates for critical roles. Having spent my career in talent recruitment, I know what it takes to develop relationships with skilled, mission-driven individuals to ensure they are matched with the right organization and are poised to make a positive impact in their community. Next Stage brings a unique perspective to the search for talent and can be a competitive edge for savvy organizations in the battle for the best talent.
Who We Are
Next Stage was founded to ensure nonprofits and social cause start-ups in the Carolinas have access to affordable, high-quality consulting services to help them “get to the next level”. The firm brings much experience in helping nonprofits strengthen operations, encourage buy-in and harness resources.
We have led engagements with more than 120 nonprofit organizations throughout the Carolinas including many executive searches in the Charlotte region.
Why Choose Next Stage For Search Advisory Services
Having Next Stage lead your search will result in a stronger understanding of the candidate attributes important to the organization’s success and a trusted advocate in the community developing a robust pool of traditional and non-traditional candidates.
- Commitment to Clients – Next Stage works selectively with a limited number of nonprofits to guarantee all clients receive expert counsel. We understand that each nonprofit is different and requires assessment and discernment ahead of search, aligning near-term needs with long-term organizational goals. In partnership with search committees, we design and implement search strategies to ensure alignment of the right talent and organization.
- In-Depth Services – Next Stage is well-positioned to help you find the right talent to continue the important work of your organization. We approach search through the lens of strategy. We are less likely to be a first choice when seeking to fill a role during a period of “business as usual”. Next Stage is most attracted to search work when an organization has reached an inflection point and sees a need for talent to help it achieve a new chapter of the organization’s work.
- Creative Talent Solutions – We are well-versed in three pools of talents – Charlotte’s strongest nonprofit talent, individuals who have recently relocated to the Charlotte area from best practice nonprofit environments in other cities, and private sector leaders who are considering a shift to the social good sector.
- Network in the Carolinas – The firm has worked with many organizations, community leaders and philanthropists throughout the Carolinas. Next Stage understands the importance of community and works with clients to expand the stakeholder pool. Our team has deep expertise in partnering with a wide range of organizations in the region.
- Commitment to Onboarding – Sourcing great talent is only part of the equation and ensuring a new staff hire is well-positioned for success is a priority for Next Stage. This is the firm’s goals for customized onboarding efforts which include the development of key performance indicators.
As noted in a recent blog post, we believe recruiting the right talent is critical for our area nonprofits. We have been proud of the many executive director and resource development searches we have completed over the past few years, with individuals like Patricia Massey Hoke (Women’s Impact Fund), Banu Valladares (Charlotte Bilingual Preschool), Kris Cole (Carolina Raptor Center), David Samson (Sustain Charlotte), Lara Ingram (Mooresville Soup Kitchen) and Jenny Prince (Lupus Foundation of America, Charlotte Chapter) serving as a testament to staying power when the right talent meets an organization where the alignment is ideal.
Want to learn more? Are you considering a search and need help developing a rigorous process to assess candidates? Reach out and let’s talk: email@example.com.
Tanya Varanelli brings a background in nonprofit recruitment and search operations to the Next Stage team. She is focused on sourcing talented leaders for Charlotte’s thriving nonprofit community.
Tanya spent several years working for Koya Leadership Partners, a national executive search firm serving nonprofits, where she recently served as Director of Research and Special Projects. Prior to joining Koya, Tanya was Associate Director of Recruitment at The Broad Center, where she helped recruit and train executive leadership talent to become urban school district leaders. Tanya’s previous recruiting experience includes positions with DIRECTV, and Bain & Company.
Tanya is a member of the North Carolina Center for Nonprofits and volunteers with nonprofits focused on healthcare advocacy and environmental issues. Tanya holds a B.A. in Human Development/Organizational Studies and Human Resources Management from Boston College.